Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Fasting for religious reasons

During Lent this year I decided to fast once a week for one meal - breakfast on Wednesdays.  But I do drink liquids - and I do drink a Mocha Light Frappacino.  Even though I'm such a fasting lightweight, I do see stuff happen when I fast that just doesn't happen otherwise.  I have a few subjects I am praying about in particular too.   But those are private - between me and God.  So, that explains my weekly Starbucks breakfast on Wednesdays right now.

I'm also on and off sad lately.  Both my parents are very ill and probably won't be here that much longer.  Hard to be in this stage in life, and for both to be declining at the same time.  But I still need to count my calories and watch what I eat no matter what is going on in my life.  So, I did and I am.

Be loving.  Life is short.





No comments:

Post a Comment