I am a member of Weight Watchers. I have been steady since 2004 except for 3 months last Fall when my meetings at work discontinued. They started back up in January and I rejoined. But I have actually GAINED weight in the last month especially - 10 pounds! I don't think it's Weight Watchers fault, although I was barely losing on it when I was carefully counting the points. So I gave up on those and went back to calories - but not really. I wasn't really counting. So now I am.
I was working out daily for a good year. But I actually wore out our recumbent bike. I have been going backward on it, but it's not really doing much. I think that might be part of why I'm gaining. I'm essentially not working out anymore.
So today after dinner I took a very brisk walk in the neighborhood - about a mile. Took me 23 minutes and when I got back I was panting a bit. I suppose that's from being off hard exercise for awhile. Felt great though. I was processing work stress as I did it too. So, I plan to do this a lot more.
I had to work through lunch again (I usually do) but today was my lunch time work Weight Watchers meeting so I had to miss. But since I really need the meetings, I went to one at a center at 6 PM. Good for me!
But I am kind of worried. I am very rapidly gaining - I'm not sure it's all from my eating and lack of exercise. I worry something is going on with my thyroid. Maybe the work stress is screwing me up worse. I'm already on medication for it. If this gain doesn't stop I will go see my doctor and have it checked again.
So that's my exciting life. Thanks to all 20 of you that actually read this. Maybe I'll make it more entertaining. I'll work on that!



No comments:
Post a Comment