Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Is there such a thing as balance?

Balance.  Is there such a thing? I'm not sure.  I work full time, my mom is extremely sick in the hospital, my dad is pretty darn sick, too, and I need to take care of me, too.  How is that done?  I think for me it's a pacing.  It's not doing everything to the nth degree.  So, I worked hard at work, but I took time to go take a walk over lunch at the mall (see my smiling face below).  I left a little early so I could see Mom after work and not spend forever in traffic.  I just stayed about 45 minutes - tended to her, checked in with the hospital staff, and then got myself dinner and some down time.  That seems to work for me.  Balance - or at least an attempt at it.

The scale had a huge drop this morning.  I'm the lowest now since my husband died.  Hope it keeps trending down.  Yippee.

We must take care of ourselves to take care of others.  Just true.


Mall walking at lunch - taking care of me



No comments:

Post a Comment