Today's Jackism (wisdom from my friend Jack): When it comes to family dinners and feasts, remember you are not on death row and it's not your last meal.
I gained 100 pounds after having a surgery that altered my metabolism (now treated with meds), which was also the same time my late husband was diagnosed with colon cancer. He passed away 1 1/2 years ago. Sure miss him. I know it's time for me to focus on my own health. I have lost 20 pounds so far, but I've been stuck. So I'm trying a number of things including this public "embarrassment" blog where I plan to journal for the world to see what I'm eating. Hope this will help me stick to it.
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Words from my friend Jack
I have a good friend who goes to Weight Watchers with me - Jack. Jack is in his 60's, has a Phd - used to work for Aargon Labs, still works in the science field. He lost over 50 pounds I believe about 10 years ago on Weight Watchers and has kept it off. And he attends meetings twice a week. He's very happily married, but all of us women in the meeting really seem to gravitate towards him, like his little WW harem. He cracks a lot of jokes, and shares a lot of wisdom. I have been writing down things he has said, and how about if I start sharing them with you? I call them "Jackisms". So, I will start sharing a Jackism a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment