Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cross Country Skied today and freezing meals

The conditions were perfect for Cross Country skiing - over 20 degrees, lots of snow, and it was a weekend!  So, I went to a lovely little forest preserve close to my house and enjoyed.  What a great aerobic exercise too!   Feeling a little stiff tonight, but nothing Advil can't help.  Here are a few photos from my exercise adventure.










I also cooked two new recipes for dinner tonight - a Mac and Cheese and a Green Beans Almondine. The Mac and Cheese was good, but I won't make it again.  I only repeat recipes that I think are on the fantastic level (I'm picky when it comes to flavor and where I spend my calories).  But I did divide the left overs into individual meals, and marked on each how many calories and points, and put them in the freezer.  So, this keeps the portion sizes down.



The green beans were fabulous and I'll be making those again for both me and company.

Today's Menu:

1 Egg - 70 cal, 2 pts
.8 oz sharp cheddar cheese - 95 cal, 2 pts
1.8 ounces sourdough bread -130 cal, 3 pts
1 tsp. Smart Balance Light - 17 cal, 0 pts
2 slices thick cut bacon - 100 cal, 3 pts
1/2 Mcdonald's iced coffee with sugar free caramel - 45 cal, 2 pt


Lunch:
6 oz chicken - 180 cal, 6 pts
1/2 cup lemon risotto - 315 cal, 7 pts
green beans

Snack:
vegetable soup: 50 cal, 0 pts
Croutons: 35 cal, 1 pt


Snack: Apple: 70 cal, 0 pts

Dinner:
Mac and Cheese: 490 cal, 12 pts
Green Beans
Olive Oil: 50 cal, 1 pt



Snack:
2 frozen Bananas: 180 cal, 0 pts
1 T. Fat Free Caramel Topping: 50 cal, 2 pts
1 T. Health Bar Toffee Chips: 80 cal, 2 pts

Exercise: 35 minutes of Cross Country skiing - earned 633 cal and 11 pts

Total Calories: 1957
Total Points: 43










No comments:

Post a Comment