Yep, a pound fell off and almost 2 (5 total since Jan 2 when I started this). I'm very very encouraged. Going to keep up this blog for sure.
I made the most delicious Risotto tonight - one of my all time best recipes. It is NOT low cal, but it is HIGH flavor. But you see, I'm not on a diet. I am doing a lifestyle adjustment. And so I DO eat delicious foods. If I want to lose this weight and keep it off, I have to eat what I love. So, yes, it includes carbs, even though the diet fad today is that carbs are bad. Friends, eating too much is bad. If you ate too much fat, that is bad. If you ate mounds of bacon, that is bad. If you only ate carrots all day, that would be bad. Balance is what we need, and that includes carbs. So, I don't agree that they are "the" forbidden food. I've lost a lot of weight a few times now, and I always ate carbs doing it. It's about portion size, moderation, balance. Come one, isn't that common sense?
I had another good moment today when they brought in these huge cookies to a meeting after lunch. I first looked in MyFitnessPal to see how many calories they were - probably about 440. Yeah, way too many. But I also was concerned that if I didn't enjoy them at all I'd overeat on something else later in rebellion. So, I just had half - 220 calories. That's not terrible. I enjoyed the delicious cookie and didn't blow the day. Yep, that's how it's done.
Today's Menu:
McDonald's Fruit and Maple Oatmeal - 290 cal, 7 pts
(Now this is good Oatmeal - fills you up all morning. You can get it without sugar, too - 6 pts then)
Coffee with Half and Half - 60 cal, 1 pt
Lunch:
Moogie's Chicken shish-ka-bob - 180 cal, 6 pts
1/2 a pita - 80 cal , 1 pt
1/2 a Cream of Chicken Soup - 110 cal, 2 pts
4 saltines - 30 cal, 1 pt
Just a little bit of Greek potatoes - 45 cal, 1 pt
Salad with Italian dressing - 20 cal, 0 pts
Snack: 1/2 Chocolate Chip Cookie (big one) 220 cal, 6 pts
Dinner:
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast - 230 cal, 6 pts
1/2 cup Lemon Risotto - 325 cal, 9 pts
Green Beans - 20 cal, 0 pts
Snack: 2 frozen bananas via my "Go Nanas" machine - 160 cal
Sugar Free Caramel topping - 50 cal, 1 pt
Total Calories: 1820
Total Points: 41
No comments:
Post a Comment