Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Vege Soup Recipe, How I satisfy my love for Indian Food and my fancy tart

Only gained back 1 pound yesterday from all that eating - yeah!  I did pretty well today, although I cooked a fancy dessert but I was really careful on my portion size.  The remaining dessert will be a treat in the office tomorrow.  It was delicious.  I like to cook, and try out new recipes.  I had some left over cranberries and so I found a recipe to make with them - an Almond-Cranberry tart.  Very good.  One slice is 342 calories/10 points  So, it needs to leave my home.






I also cooked my fabulous Vegetable Soup today.  This is a zero points WW soup, dressed up to actually taste good.  Here's the recipe:

48 ounces Low Sodium College Hill Chicken Broth (I think it's better than Swanson)
1 chopped onion
1 minced clove of garlic
juice from 1/2 to 1 full fresh lemon
1 can of Rotel
1 can of Mexican Stewed tomatoes (if you can't find those, just use Stewed Tomatoes, but don't use Italian Stewed Tomatoes)
4-5 dashes of Tabasco sauce
2 tsp. Mrs. Dash
Can of corn
Can of sliced or diced water chestnuts
2 10 oz. bags of frozen vegetables
1 tsp salt

Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for 1 hour.  That's it!





I love Indian Food, but Indian Buffets are a guaranteed gain for me.  So I cook my own.  This is my favorite curry sauce.  But it is sold at Williams-Sonoma, which isn't the most convenient place to get sauce.  I don't mix it with anything - just use as is.  It is incredible.  1/4 a jar is 180 calories/ 5pts but you will be so satisfied with that you'll be good.  Then just throw in some cooked chicken and serve it over brown rice.  I love Trader Joe's Frozen Brown Rice.  It cooks in 3 minutes in the microwave and it is delicious.








Detailed Menu for Today:

Breakfast:

1 Egg - 70 cal, 2 pts
.8 oz. 6 year old sharp cheddar cheese - 95 cal, 2 pts
1 ounces Homemade white bread -70 cal, 2 pts
1 tsp. Smart Balance Light - 17 cal, 0 pts
1 T. Fat free Coffeemate (with my coffee) - 30 cal, 0 pts
1/2 Medium McDonald's Ice Coffee with Sugar Free Caramel -  45 cal, 2 pt

Lunch:
Salad with:

Big salad with 2 T. Fat Free Raspberry Dressing - 50 cal, 1 pt
                        1 T Red Pepper Hummus - 33 cal, 1 pt
                        Croutons - 35 cal,1 pt
                        Sesame Sticks - 60 cal, 1 pt
                        5 Greek Olives - 45 cal, 1 pt
6 ounces strip steak - 330 cal, 10 pts
.8 ounce parmesan cheese - 80 cal, 1 pt

Snack: Vegetable Soup - 70 cal, 0 pts
Croutons - 35 cal, 1 pt

Dinner:
3 oz. Chicken Thigh - 195 cal, 4 pts
.5 ounce peanuts - 83 cal, 2 pts
Curry Sauce - 180 cal, 5 pts
Green Beans
Spinach
1/2 cup brown rice - 110 cal, 3 pts


Dessert: Cranberry-Almond Tart - 342 cal, 10 pts

Snack:
3/4 cup Special K Cereal - 110 cal, 3 pts
1/2 cup skim milk - 43 cal, 1 pt

Exercise: Took a real fast brisk walk for 25 minutes - yeah me!

Total Calories: 2128
Total Points: 53 points
Calories burned: 250
Points Earned via Exercise: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment