Still have not lost an ounce, but hey, staying the same is always good, too. The chicken I ate yesterday (and today for lunch) was soaked in a pretty salty brine. I might still be holding onto water. I find that as long as I just stay with it, eventually my body lets go of the weight. If not, then I'm doing something wrong. I'll give it more time and see. I easily drank a gallon of water today.
I was stuck home all day today, due to the crazy cold. I did some work emailing, and did some home stuff, too. Not sure I burned much, though. I did blast some music for part of the day and found myself moving to it, so I think I burned some there. I had to switch to a short sleeved shirt cause I was so warm - so that shows I did something. Still, I want to start doing 30 minutes of brisk walking every morning or on my lunch hour. That's my favorite way to burn. But we have to get out of this cold spell first. So, I have to be creative and find other ways that work.
I cooked a new recipe tonight - not low cal at all. But it's from one of my new cookbooks, and it's one of my all time favorite foods - Steak Frites. I know, I know. Not good for the weight loss. But I am a believer that I need to do this as a life style, not a diet. I need to know how to enjoy food and still not be heavy. Portion size, eating within my calorie limits - this is more important than eating "diet" food. So, I try to cook really delicious food, figure out how many calories/points it is, and just budget for it. Check in with me in a couple of weeks to see if this actually works!
Today's Menu:
My usual breakfast these last few days (this is cause I baked bread and it's so delicious, I just want to enjoy. I also picked up some incredible 6 year old sharp cheddar cheese, Oh my, that is good stuff. So I just eat about .8-.9 ounces for breakfast (I do weigh my portion)).
Breakfast;
1 Egg - 70 cal, 2 pts
.9 oz. 6 year old sharp cheddar cheese - 95 cal, 2 pts
2 ounces Homemade white bread -140 cal, 3 pts
2 tsp. Smart Balance Light - 25 cal, 0 pts
2 slices thick cut bacon - 100 cal, 3 pts
Lunch:
4 ounces baked Chicken Breast - 120 cal, 4 pts
Vegetable soup - 50 cal, 0 pts
Croutons - 35 cal, 2 pts
Snack:
Fresh Mixed Melon Fruit - 65 cal, 0 pts
Snack:
Light Popcorn - 220 cal, 5 pts
1/2 T. Smart Balance light - 25 cal, 1 pts
Dinner:
Steak Frites
6 ounce Ribeye steak - 450 cal, 5 pts
1/2 T. Herb Butter - 50 cal, 1 pt
Frites (fries, cooked in peanut oil) - 340 cal, 11 pts
Spinach - 20 cal, 0 pts
Snack: Banana: 70 cal, 0 pts
Total Calories: 1865
Total Points; 39
Exercise: Moving to music in the house (I won't call it officially dancing, although the neighbors might tell you I was)
No comments:
Post a Comment