Monday, January 20, 2014

Dropped a pound and tried some new recipes today

I was happy to see another drop on the scale today.  Yeah!  Now I MUST keep it up!  Move forward, no more steps backward!

I had the day off today and after running errands and I did some cooking.  I made a tomatillo salsa that tastes fabulous.  It needs to sit for 2 days before it'll really be ready.  Mmm, can't wait to put that on my omelets, tacos/burritos, nachos, and more.  Zero Weight Watcher points (unless you eat a ton of it) and very low cal.



I also tried a new recipe - a Parmesan crusted chicken breast.  It was good but not fabulous, so I won't make it again.  Like I said yesterday, I'm picky when it comes to cooking.  If the recipe isn't amazing, I don't make it more than once.  My philosophy is that if the food is always amazing, I'm not going to overeat from feeling neglected or ripped off.  So, I cook the best stuff possible. Full flavor.  I count the calories/points, and stick to the portion size.

This is how I lost 70 pounds the last time (back in 2002-3)  It is what I like about the flexibility of the Weight Watchers Points program - all foods are allowed.  No forbidden foods.  You just have to not eat too much each day.  Duh.  So simple really.  That's why it works, too.  These diets than restrict food choices are not something you can do long term.  We must learn to eat the good foods of the earth without being large.  The points program does that (as does simply counting calories, too).

Today's Menu:

Breakfast:

1 Egg - 70 cal, 2 pts
.8 oz sharp cheddar cheese - 95 cal, 2 pts
1.8 ounces sourdough bread -130 cal, 3 pts
1 tsp. Smart Balance Light - 17 cal, 0 pts
2 slices thick cut bacon - 100 cal, 3 pts
1/2 McDonald's iced coffee with sugar free caramel - 45 cal, 2 pt

Lunch:
Great American Bagel
3/4 Turkey and American Cheese on a Sesame Bagel: 390 cal, 9 pts
1 cup of beef barley soup: 90 cal, 2 pts

Snack:
15 Fat Free Sour Cream and Onion Pringles: 70 cal, 3 pts

Dinner:
Parmesan Crusted chicken - 160  cal, 5 pts
1/2 cup lemon risotto - 315 cal, 7 pts
green beans




Snack:
2 frozen Bananas: 180 cal, 0 pts
1 T. Fat Free Caramel Topping: 50 cal, 2 pts
1 T. Health Bar Toffee Chips: 80 cal, 2 pts


Exercise: 25 minute brisk walk, earned 250 cal and 3 pts

Total Calories: 1792
Total Points: 42

No comments:

Post a Comment