Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 2, 2014

I'm really needing to lose weight and so I'm going to try everything I can think of to keep me focused and motivated.  So, among other things, I'm starting a public blog where I plan to post everything I eat.  Not sure if anyone will read this, but that's OK.  Just knowing it's out there may help me. 

So, here's what I ate today, with the calories and Weight Watcher's Points Plus (I'm a member).

Breakfast:
2 Blueberry Eggo Waffles - 180 cal, 7 Points
1 T. Pure Maple Syrup (I pour it on a plate and dip the waffle in it, and I use the good stuff) - 50 cal, 1 Point

Snack:
Apple - 60 cal, 0 points

Another Snack:
2 slices Sun Maid Raisin Cinnamon Swirl Bread toasted - 180 cal, 5 Points

Lunch:
1 1/2 cups vegetable soup (made it this morning, I'll post the recipe later) - 50 cal, 0 points
Made a delicious grilled cheese using -
2 slices fresh baked white bread (made it this morning in my bread maker - fabulous) - 160 cal, 6 points
1 1/2 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese (the best) - 165 cal, 5 points
1 T. Smart Balance Lite spread - 50 cal, 1 point

Exercise:
Plowed the driveway (I did work up a little sweat) - earned 250 calories , 7 points

Snack:
.9 oz bag Synder's Pretzel sticks - 100 cal, 3 points

Snack:
Light Butter Popcorn in Canola Oil - 220 Cal, 5 points
1 T. Smart Balance Light - 50 cal, 1 point

Dinner:
5 oz. Strip Steak - 265 cal, 9 points
1/2 large Baked Potato - 130 cal, 4 points
Green Beans - 25 cal, 0 Points
Lite Sour Cream - 35 cal, 0 points
.5 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese - 50 cal, 1 point

8 PM snack
2 frozen bananas (using my GoNana's machine I make fake "ice cream" - 180 cal, 0 points
2 T Fat Free Butterscotch topping - 120 cal, 3 points
1 T. honey roasted pecan pieces - 120 cal, 2 points

Total Eaten: 2190 Cal, 53 Points
Total Earned: 125 cal, 7 points

Yep, too many calories and points.  Whoops.  I need to eat about 1800 calories to lose.  Oh well, at least I wrote them all down.  That's progress.

I know - a lot of snacks today.  I didn't get dinner last night due to traveling airport delays, so I was really hungry.  I was also snowed into my house due to a bad snow storm, and I was working from home.  So, I was just hungry a lot.  I didn't have a lot of protein in the house - need to get to the grocery store!  Gotta wait until the roads are clear.



No comments:

Post a Comment